cus·tom wood·works team lead
/ˈkәstәm, ˈw ͝oodˌwәrks, ˈtēm, lēd/
(n.) someone who takes on a new challenge every day; enthusiastically bringing architectural millworks to life through study and interpretation of blueprints and serving as a leader to follow team members.
The Custom Woodworks Team Lead works directly with the production team to fabricate and build our custom architectural millworks and caseworks.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serve as a leader to the HCo Custom Team by supporting and guiding all day-to-day operations to ensure optimal performance.
- Read and interpret blueprints to fabricate custom architectural millworks and caseworks by sanding, using industry tools and methods, and matching material grain and texture.
- Train new team members on proper techniques and procedures.
- Conduct regular job hand-off meetings with team members.
- Maintain a lean and efficient work environment.
- Be available as a resource for the Production Manager who may need assistance with completing projects.
- As we evolve as a company, your responsibilities will continue to evolve; including learning and adapting to software advancements.
ESSENTIALS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in custom woodworking.
Punctual, reliable, and a commercial architectural enthusiast.
Interest in a changing environment, learning and gaining new knowledge, job flexibility, not knowing what challenges tomorrow might bring.
Self-motivation, works well with others and independently, emulates a positive attitude, provides quality customer service, works productively, thinks critically with complex problem solving and evaluation skills.
Ability to multi-task and work well under changing conditions on a variety of projects, working accurately and quickly under pressure, prioritize and work flexibly to meet deadlines.
- Artistic portfolio
THE BORING STUFF
Reports To: Production Manager
Benefit Classification: Hourly, Part-time
Education/Work Experience: High-school, AA, BA/BS, MA/MS, PhD? First-time employee, seasoned expert, entrepreneur? All encouraged to apply. We’re excited to hear how your education and work experiences were unique and how you excelled! What will make you successful in this role?
Direct Deposit/Online Payroll Services
By May 13, 2020