CAD DRAFTER – CABINET PRODUCTION
/kæd drăf′tər, ˈkab(ə)nət, prəˈdəkSH(ə)n/
(n.) someone who takes on a new challenge every day; a super-solver of puzzles who isn’t happy until any mistakes are resolved and all the pieces fit together perfectly.
PTO & Holiday Pay
401(k) with Company Match
Health Insurance & EAP
HSA with Company Contribution
What you’ll do
Review & edit designs for completeness, manage workflows and prepare and output drawings for production.
Update drawings with accurate field dimensions.
Assemble accurate cutlists and BOMs that identify all parts and machining requirements for the components required by the design.
As we evolve as a company, your responsibilities will continue to evolve, including learning and adapting to software advancements.
Be available as a resource for Engineer/Design/Drafting team who need assistance with completing projects.
The CAD Drafter will work in conjunction with other drafters and engineers creating production files to be run on our CNC router & modify design files as needed to produce the project.
ESSENTIALS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Background or experience with general woodworking or caseworks fabrication.
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints.
- Interest in a changing environment, learning and gaining new knowledge, job flexibility, not knowing what challenges tomorrow might bring.
- Self-motivation, works well with others and independently, emulates a positive attitude, provides quality customer service, works productively, thinks critically with complex problem solving and evaluation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under changing conditions on a variety of projects, working accurately and quickly under pressure, prioritize and work flexibly to meet deadlines.
- AAS degree in drafting/design.
- Background or experience in Cabinet Vision.
- Experience with general woodworking, manufacturing, fabrication, construction or designing.
the boring stuff
- Reports To: Engineering Team Lead
- Benefit Classification: Hourly, Full-time
- Education/Work Experience: Non-traditional/formal, AA, BA, BS, MA, MS, PhD? First-time employee, seasoned expert, entrepreneur? All encouraged to apply. We’re excited to hear how your education and work experiences were unique and how you excelled! What will make you successful in this role?
Ready to make your career?
Hansen & Company Woodworks offers challenging yet rewarding career opportunities at our continually evolving shop located in St. Joseph, MN. As we continue to grow and change, we’re always looking for those who are ready to grow and change right along with us!
At Hansen & Company Woodworks, we strongly believe products can truly transform a space into an immersive experience when they are created by the best people.
We manufacture large-volume build-to-order cabinets, solid surface and stone countertops, durable and beautiful mobile islands, and impactful architectural millworks for commercial spaces. We help our customers create luxury experiences in apartments, healthcare and education facilities, and commercial properties for tenants and visitors to enjoy.
We blend the advancements of technology with the expertise of design skills to bring the design-intent of architects and interior designers to life. Our team is growth-minded, gets sh*t done, humble, helpful, takes ownership, and removes stress.
Not only do we offer competitive wages but we also have some pretty sweet benefits & perks and the best team to work alongside! Enjoy longer weekends/shorter weeks with 4-Shift work weeks for production team members and half-day Fridays for office team members; PTO & holiday pay; employer contribution 401(k)/retirement plans; insurance to live, feel, and see your best; and so much more!
applying is easy
Fill out your deets below and we’ll get back to you asap!
wanna learn more?
We know your time is important. Use the simple form above to send us your deets and we’ll reach out to you quickly, in your preferred method of communication, to answer any questions you have!