(n.) someone who takes on a new challenge every day; a dynamic, results-driven leader continuously pursuing new opportunities, developing lasting industry relationships & guiding a team of estimators to accelerate business growth.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for securing HCo’s position as a market-leading diversified woodworks manufacturer by identifying, developing & closing opportunities for business growth. The successful candidate will have strong social skills with a knack for building relationships & a perpetual desire to achieve. This person will oversee HCo’s Estimating function, providing guidance in reviewing & responding to bid solicitations for complex cabinets, caseworks & architectural millworks projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop expertise in current & adjacent markets to discover, pursue & win new business opportunities.
- Lead the Estimating team in reviewing bid solicitations, interpreting project requirements & preparing project proposals/quotations.
- Serve as a Specification Representative to secure HCo’s placement in project specification manuals.
- Prepare & deliver presentations to prospective customers & partners to showcase products & capabilities.
- Establish & strengthen relationships with current customers & influencers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to coordinate contract scope/requirements & handoff projects internally for completion.
- Utilize customer relationship management (CRM) software to record, track & analyze customer, prospect & sales forecasting data.
- Implement & maintain estimating software including resource & labor cost formula management. Continuously monitor output for accuracy.
- Develop & refine estimating processes for continuous improvement. Create training tools & train team members as needed.
- Represent HCo at industry events, customer/vendor meetings, & conferences
ESSENTIALS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5 years of experience in sales, business development, estimating or related position.
- Ambitious & results-driven individual with an ability to motivate & inspire others.
- Knowledge of construction project manuals/specification documents.
- Strong ability to read/interpret blueprints & engineering drawings.
- Comfortable working in a continuously changing environment.
- Self-starter who works well with others, exudes a positive attitude, provides quality customer service & thinks critically with complex problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task & excel under changing conditions on a variety of projects.
- Maintains accuracy & efficiency under pressure. Prioritizes & works flexibly to meet deadlines.
- AA or BS/BA degree in construction management, business management, engineering or related field.
- Previous construction industry experience preferred.
- Experience in project management or similar roles.
- Experience with general woodworking, manufacturing, fabrication, construction or designing.
THE BORING STUFF
Reports To: President
Benefit Classification: Salary, Full-time
Education/Work Experience: Associate degree in construction, engineering, business management or closely related field is preferred, but all encouraged to apply. We’re excited to hear how your education & work experiences were unique & how you have excelled! What will make you successful in this role?
- Ever-changing/adapting environment
- Competitive wage
- Vacation/Holiday pay
- Medical/Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- S.A. (Health Savings Account)
- Direct Deposit/Online Payroll Services
- Bereavement Pay
Apply by clicking here.
Or visit our shop to submit your resume or complete an application.